First, I want to thank Man Crates for coming up with this idea and getting my creative juices flowing.It’s a very cool site that packages perfect gift crates for us dudes, pairing booze and man food and other awesome stuff. They even have a zombie survival crate. Seriously, if you’re looking for a great gift for my upcoming birthday (November 21st – add it to your calendar!) or Christmas, you can’t go wrong with this.
Now, what would I have in my horror survival kit? Like you and everyone else who has eyes and can breathe, I watched way too many horror movies as a kid. Even as an adult, when I am more prone to a Jennifer Aniston rom-com, I still think back fondly to some of my favorite horror movies and wonder what I would’ve done differently. I figured it out.
Here are the items I would need in my horror movie survival kit in order to survive until the end:
- A cricket bat. I had one in my twenties when I managed bands. It was a very lame Spinal Tap joke but the damn thing came in handy a few times when someone crossed me. The one I had used to have some dried blood on it, which was cool. It also worked as a makeshift table before I got furniture in my bachelor pad, too.
- A few books. I’m not going to mention mine (which you can purchase Here) but some classic literature for the many hours of downtime between monster attacks would be nice. Maybe some light-hearted reading like Lovecraft, Koontz, Laymon, etc.
- Jean shorts. So I can be comfortable. Add a black t-shirt and you have the perfect running away from monsters outfit.
- Jack Daniels Honey. Just the small bottle so I can stay kinda sober throughout the ordeal. I don;t want to be too drunk but stone cold sober with a knife-wielding maniac loose isn’t fun, either.
- M&M’s. At least a pound of plain and peanut. Because if I’m going to die (and I will die) I want to be eating M&M’s when i do.
What does your list look like?