This is going to be a short but fun post from me. After the first 7 official mailing days of Authors Supporting Our Troops 2015 I can relate the following:
1. The incoming and outgoing boxes are heavy and I’m out of shape
2. We’ve received 286 books from 35 boxes mailed from authors, making it an average of 8.2 books per box
3. So far, Texas leads the way with 5 authors sending books, with Florida and Kentucky tied for second place with 3 each. Five different States are tied for third with 2 each. (I’m not going to kill myself with these numbers or worry about different authors in each box or anything else that makes this complicated… this is for fun to let everyone know who is helping out)
4. At the end of the month I’ll tally up which State had the most authors sending in boxes (multiple shipments from the same author won’t count) and I’ll send everyone from that State a free #ASOT2015 bumper sticker. How’s that sound? We’ll do it every month until May, so there will be four chances to win and I’ll reset it each month and then maybe do a bigger last win at the end for a grand total… I’m just tossing ideas out right now, so don’t mind me.
5. I am amazed and humbled by all the support so far for the event. We’ll have a ton of books to send to soldiers, but it means we’ll also need help with the shipping costs via donations and buying t-shirts this year again. And, we’ll need quite a few soldiers in remote areas of the world to send the books to, as well…
Questions/comments? E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org