I’ve been having loads of fun these past months, going to horror conventions and running the Summer of Zombie Blog Tour right after doing Authors Supporting Our Troops, and doing a month of promotion for my latest release, Dying Days 4… but now it’s time to get serious again… the actual goal each day, each week and each month is to write. Right?
I have quite a few projects I’m working on right now (I’ll list them below so you get an idea of the crunch) and need to get back on track. To that end, I’ve decided to unofficially do an August NaNoWriMo of 50k in the month, although mine will be 60k and I must do it. No excuses. No days off and hitting 10k a week and being done with it. I need a true 14k a week, 60k in 31 days month. If I have to do a 24 Hour Writing Marathon to catch up or get ahead, so be it. I call it MandoWriMo. Because I have an ego, I guess… the extra day gives me only one shot to slack, too.
To this end I’m not going to be on Facebook much, except to promote other authors with guest posts on my page (but those are sent to me pretty much completed, so no big deal) and do some basic promotion to keep me out there. If all goes according to plan, I should have a couple of anthologies I’m in to promote as well such as the first two State of Horror ones from Charon Coin Press, so looking forward to that.
I’ll still be doing my Mando’s Manic Melodies show on 97.3 FM http://www.flaglerbeachradio.com on Friday nights from 10 til midnight EST, but expect quite a few to be pre-recorded. For August I’ll put my Monday night show, Mando’s Metal Covers, on hold and see where I stand in September. My main focus (besides writing) will still be Arm Cast: Dead Sexy Horror Podcast. New episodes every Friday. I’m having fun with it so far.
Now, onto my list… as I’ve been doing for years, this is more for me than the readers of this blog. I hope you’ll follow along and see how I do, but for me it just gives it another place where I can get called out on if I slack off.
1. Movie Adaptation (30k) – 10k done but I only get to see the dailies of the actual filmed movie every few days, so this one is taking forever. A new experience in how to write for me, too.
2. Children of The Grave anthology (10k) – I really need to get my head around my story so I can actually write it. This has been due so need to make it a priority
3. Change Jar Books Part 3,4 and 5 (15k) – 2k done so far, really behind. I need to tackle these this month and get closer to finishing the Flagler Beach Fiction Series.
4. Necromance 5 (5k) – 3k left to write. I know the story, just need to sit down and finish it.
5. Dying Days: Origins 2 (25k) – 16k left to write. Looking for a November release, so I need to get moving on this first draft.
That gives me 62k right there… I can do it if I get focused, right?
Wish me luck… and if I’m ignoring you on Facebook I have a really good reason. Or I’m using it as an excuse to ignore you. Either way…