More great insights from Robert Chazz Chute!
There are many distractions between your bed and your writing desk. Some suggestions to discipline the monkey mind:
1. Well, write in bed then! (Pee bottle or diapers optional.)
2. Work on a computer without Internet access. Unplug the modem or get your pet rat to chew on the wires if necessary.
3. Get your spouse to activate the parental controls (so they have the code). Congratulations! Your distracting porn addiction just vanished.
4. Commit to scheduling writing time just as you would a doctor’s appointment, the gym or any other important job. You know your writing is important work, too, right?
5. Make your commitments public. Failure yields public humiliation. Success gets you a reward. Make a bet with a writing buddy or do writing sprints in social media. Report your progress, or lack of it, so you’ll do better tomorrow.
6. Defend your writing time. Wield dual ice axes…
View original post 553 more words