Since tomorrow begins a new month, I decided to post some broad-stroke goals for it and see what happens. Normally I constrain myself to only setting daily goals, which I will still do (2k minimum words written per day, so 60k written in April is the big goal)…
1. Joined the Script Frenzy thing (like NaNo but for screenplays) and the goal is 100 pages in 30 days. I’m not counting this in my word count for the month, preferring to simply write three solid pages a day on average. I figure once I get the hang of writing a screenplay it will get easier… I hope. Anyway, in May Dying Days should be ready for a second draft…
2. Still Dying: Select Scenes From Dying Days collection of 13 short stories featuring old and new characters from the series. I’m already at 11k of a possible 27k, so 16k of writing will be finishing this book.
3. Chelsea Avenue horror novel. The second draft is written but I need about 10k added to it for completion and I intend to have it done by month’s end and a final outside edit. I’m hoping to submit it to a publisher instead of self-publishing.
4. Dying Days: Origins novella featuring character Tosha Shorb (from Dying Days 2) in a prequel of her character. 25k in length.
5. Finish an untitled zombie novella (not tied into Dying Days) and submit to a publisher in the future. 13k of 25k done, so 12k left.
That’s a bit over 60k but I can do it… being positive… I also always end up writing some short stories for anthologies I see, adding new tales to the Dying Days world for future use…
I also have several projects on the backburner right now that I will need to get to at some future point:
a long-planned sequel to Death Metal (tentatively titled Death Cult)
my Metal Queens Monthly series has suffered with all this fiction, but I’m slowly working on it, I swear
Two different horror novellas about halfway done with the first drafts
A sequel to my extreme zombie Highway To Hell novella
Dying Days 3 – eventually, 2 just came out!
Another (non-zombie) short story collection
A collection of all my blog posts with new unpublished posts
A ton of steampunk ideas, some already started