This post will be short and sweet, filled with excuses and then a bold statement which may or may not come to fruition (I love using fruition whenever possible)
Since the calendar flipped over to November 1st I have:
1. Been very, very sick. I know I’ve been very, very sick by the amount of times I’ve complained loudly to Special Gal by saying ‘I’m very, very sick’ to the point she keeps quiet but stares at pillows and other items and imagines putting them over my face to shut me up.
2. I went to a very cool surprise birthday party and met special people in Special Gal’s life. Only it was a 4 hour car ride (damn you, Orlando traffic!) and I felt like crap the entire time. Luckily, I hardly ever drive. Another reason Special Gal sometimes stares overlong at pillows and my face.
3. The hotel room on Saturday night took turns being too cold and then too hot and the bed was horrible. Would it kill a good hotel to spend an extra buck on pillows that don’t fold down to paper-width as soon as my head hits them? Even if Special Gal wanted to kill me with these pillows I think I’d survive. If I got 3 hours of sleep I’d be surprised.
4. The ride back to Jacksonville sucked because… yep… now we were both sick. We spent Sunday in different rooms moaning and napping on and off. Oh, and Thug Life was also sick when we got home. Three sick people. Not cool.
5. I woke up this morning to the neighbor delivering fill to his yard. At 8 am on a Monday. Loudly with giant trucks. Of course, behind our house is a wetlands you’re not supposed to build on. The builders were very specific. You can’t build on it. The neighbor is obviously special, because he cut down about thirty feet behind his home to put in his own pool. I hope it sinks into an evil burial ground while he’s in the pool.
6. I have 3 Arm Cast: Dead Sexy Horror Podcast interviews to do today. I can kinda breathe and can talk for short bursts and can cut out the hacking up a lung parts (I hope). I also have e-mails and Winter of Zombie Blog Tour 2014 things to get done and catch up on… and a million other things, like finding socks because my feet are cold right now and this is Florida and ridiculous I might need to put on pants another day and…
By the end of November I WILL have my 50,000 words in on this thriller novel. You’ll see. But now I am 3 days in the hole and need to catch up…